We take the responsibility of holding your personal information very seriously. You have our word that the data that we collect is for our eyes only and is purely for the use of gifting recommendations and ultimately, keeping you out of the doghouse. We like to do things properly so for your peace of mind and those who are actually interested here's the legit bit.
DLHD Group Limited is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 107488812, ("DLHD", "we", "us" or "our”). We operate the website dontletherdown.com (the "Website").
- Understanding these Terms and Conditions
- When we refer to "you" or "your" we mean you, the person accessing or using the Website.
- Our Services
- The services described on our Website (“Services”) allow you to make purchases of products from retailers based on recommendations provided by us (“Gifts”), tailored to meet your individual requirements. You will complete a profile questionnaire on our website. DLHD will prepare a selection of recommended Gifts based on your answers to the profile questionnaire and will direct you to retailers via links through whom your purchase of such Gifts may be completed.
- We receive a commission (“Referral Fee”) payable by the retailer for purchases of Gifts made by you, once that retailer has confirmed the purchase. The Referral Fee is payable solely by the retailer to us and is not payable by you.
- When we refer to “retailers”, we mean sellers and suppliers of goods or services that agree to pay us Referral Fees.
- The images of the Gifts on our Website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours and features of the Gifts accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer’s display of the colours accurately reflect the colour and features of the Gifts. The Gifts ordered by you may vary slightly from those images.
- The packaging of the Gifts may vary from that shown on images on our Website.
- All Gifts shown on our Website are conditional upon availability via the relevant retailer.
- The Website
- This Website is directed at people residing in the United Kingdom We do not offer any guarantee that the Website, or any content on it, is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
- The Website is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that the Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. We may update the Website and/or change the content on it at any time.
- The Website and the content on it are provided for general information purposes only. They are not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from taking, any action on the basis of the content on our Website. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
- You may only use the Website for your own domestic, private and non-commercial use.
- Your account and password
- You will need to register an account with us on the Website in order to access certain services available on the Website ("Account"). If you register an Account, you will be asked to provide your email address and create a password as part of our security procedures. You must treat such information as confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your Account login details, you must immediately notify us at email@example.com.
- You are responsible for any unauthorised use of your Account login details.
- Acceptable use
- You agree not to:
- do any act or thing that might damage, disrupt or otherwise interfere with the operation of the Website or any equipment, network or software used in operating the Website.
User Generated Content
- If it is the case that you supply/upload any content to the Website – whether it be pictures, text, sound recordings or whatever – the content you supply ("User Generated Content") must comply with the following rules:
- it must not be obscene, abusive, offensive or racist and it must not promote or propose hatred or physical harm against anyone;
- it must not promote discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- it must not harass or bully another person;
- it must be true and honest so far as you know;
- it must not be defamatory of anyone;
- it must not use the material or content or infringe the rights or privacy of anyone else; for example you should not use images of well-known characters, footage or music (unless it is your own);
- it must not advertise any goods or service or be for a commercial purpose;
- it must not contain someone else’s personal details or confidential information relating to other people; and
- it must not promote or condone terrorism, violence or illegal behaviour.
- We reserve the right to refuse to accept or refuse or cease to use any User Generated Content supplied by any person that we think contravenes these rules.
- In addition, we may from time to time provide interactive services on the Website that shall enable you to upload User Generated Content, including, without limitation:
- comment facilities;
- chat rooms; and/or
- bulletin boards,
(together "Interactive Services").
- Where we provide an Interactive Service, we will use reasonable endeavours to provide information to you about the kind of service offered and if it is moderated. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any Interactive Service we provide.
- The use of any of our Interactive Services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an Interactive Service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online. Minors who are using any Interactive Service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
- We do not guarantee that the Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access the Website and we recommend that you use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
- Intellectual property
- We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website and its content, the DLHD name and mark. Those works are protected by intellectual property laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may link to the home page of the Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. The Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- Any communications or materials you send to us through the Website by electronic mail or other means will be treated as non-proprietary and non-confidential. We are free to publish, display, post, distribute and otherwise use any ideas, suggestions, concepts, designs, know-how and other information contained in such communications or material for any purpose, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, advertising and marketing us and our products and services. In particular, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide licence to copy, use, reproduce, distribute, display, publish, adapt, prepare derivate works of and/or amend any User Generated Content in any format, including in our services and products for any purpose including in relation to the promotion of our services and products.
- Our role
- DLHD is not a party to any transactions concluded by you with retailers and is not the seller or supplier of, and does not endorse, any of the goods or services that they make available. Thus we do not have any of the legal obligations that apply to the sellers of those goods or services.
- Accordingly, we have no control over or responsibility for:
- the quality, safety, or legality of the goods or services available from retailers; or
- whether the retailer can or will supply and pass good title to any goods or services.
- You should exercise no lesser degree of caution in entering into transactions with retailers than you would when entering into a similar transaction elsewhere.
- To the extent that the law permits, you release us, our agents and employees from all liability arising out of or in connection with any transactions with retailers, including (without limitation) all claims and demands relating to transactions (whether completed or uncompleted) with retailers, or goods or services offered for sale or supply, or actually sold or supplied, through or in connection with any transactions with retailers.
- Our liability
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and
- any matter in respect of which it would be unlawful for us to exclude or restrict our liability.
- We only supply the Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Website, or any content on the Website, for any commercial or business purposes and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked to from the Website. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- Suspension and termination
- issue a warning to you;
- temporarily or permanently remove any User Generated Content uploaded by you to the Website;
- temporarily or permanently withdraw your right to use the Website;
- [suspend or terminate your Account;]
- issue legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs resulting from the breach (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs);
- take further legal action against you; and/or
- disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary to do so.
- Cancellation, delivery and returns
For delivery and returns details please refer to the retailer through whom the Gifts were purchased.
- Using the Services
- The Company warrants that it has the right to provide the Services and will use all reasonable skill and care in making the Services available to you and in ensuring its availability. Because of the number of sources from which we obtain the content for the Services and because of the nature of the internet, errors and omissions do occur and we do not give any other warranties in respect of the Service.
- The Company is continually seeking to improve the Services. The Company reserves the right, at its discretion, to make changes to any part of the Services provided that it does not materially reduce its content or functionality.
- Price of Gifts
You will be charged the Gift price on the date the Gift is purchased through the relevant retailer.
- Your personal information
- Other important information
- If you wish to have more information on online dispute resolution, please follow this link to the website of the European Commission: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. This link is provided as required by Regulation (EU) No 524/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council, for information purposes only. We are not obliged to participate in online dispute resolution.
- Governing law and jurisdiction
- As a consumer and if you are resident in the European Union:
- Contacting us
- Should you have any reasons for a complaint, we will endeavour to resolve the issue and avoid any re-occurrence in the future. You can always contact us using the following details:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Reg. No. 10748812
Terms and Conditions last updated October 2017