The 2019 Liberty Advent Calendar has launched today… but as proud owners of the 2018 edition, we boldly ask the question – to buy or not to buy?
With a price tag just over £200, it’s a significant investment, so here are a few pros and cons to help you make that decision.
- Never before have we felt such joy upon awakening… it’s literally Christmas morning every morning for 24 whole days, and when it comes to opening the lovely little boxes and seeing what gifts emerge – pure happiness.
- Contents are not made up of measly sample items, some are perfectly formed miniatures of fabulous lust-worthy items and others are full size products! Think a mini Diptyque candle or a full-size Laura Mercier lip gloss – this is stuff you want and would actually buy.
- It looks gorgeous… the packaging, the print, the sheer size of it, this is a vital piece of design in your Christmas interior creation.
Not to buy:
- Well, falling for a brand-new product only means you’re getting hooked on yet more stuff you probably can’t afford and almost definitely don’t need. It runs out, you buy more – lose, lose.
- You’ll get a lot of cleansing products, and if you don’t travel much, they tend to take up space in your drawers because you already have your favourite full-size versions taking prime position in the bathroom cabinet.
- If you do it this year, you’ll want it next year, so you need to give some serious thought to the long-term commitment prospects. Otherwise, like us this year, Christmas will only bring a sense of dissatisfaction in what you could have had.
Share your trial and tribulations on subjects like this and more on Twitter @dlhdteam.